Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't Say I Never Asked


I understand John McCain’s bitter frustration. I’ve asked for many things in my life that just never transpired. A second puppy after my parents euthanized the first one. That gorgeous brown Miu Miu bag from the ‘06 fall runway. World Peace. An iPhone. You know, all the little things you can barely live without. Most of all, I understand John’s nagging disappointment after Mr. Obama denied him a town hall debate in the beginning of their bloody campaign. I too asked time after time after time for an informal debate, with Jesus Christ. Unfortunately Mr. Christ was apparently limiting pre-adolescents access at that time. I felt he was being smug. He probably thought I was overreacting. Prayers for late night talks mixed with prayers for fluorescent roller-skates probably sent mixed signals. Still, I had questions and several people at my church said he had answers.

So Jesus, if you’re out there, things would have been a lot different if you would have just agreed to one teeny weenie debate.

No comments: